DONA LARSEN PARK
150 South Broadway, Boise, Idaho 83702
Beginning in the fall of 2012, the Boise State track and field and softball programs moved to their new home, Dona Larsen Park. The park's official dedication was held on August 15, 2012.
The site of the new Dona Larsen Park was originally an athletic field named Cody Park, built in 1911. The Boise School District purchased the land, located off of Broadway Avenue between Front Street and Warm Springs Avenue, in November of 1924 and renamed it Public School Field. Youth and adults alike would use the field for many noteworthy athletic and community events until 1953 when East Junior High School was constructed on the site.
When Boise Junior College began competing in athletics in 1932, it used Public School Field for its football games and track and field events. In the fall of 1940, the Broncos moved to College Field on the current Boise State campus.
On July 1, 2009, Boise State took possession of the site after a new East Junior High School was built and opened earlier this year just east of Boise.
Press Release - The David and Debra Larsen Huber Family Foundation Makes Donation (Oct. 10, 2009)