The freshman went 3-1 in his debut weekend as Bronco.
Broncos went 2-3 in singles and 1-1 in doubles on the second day of the Dar Walters Tennis Classic
Four Broncos combined to go 5-2 in singles and 2-0 in doubles on first day of tournament
The Broncos welcome participants from 11 schools to town for tournament.
Four Broncos were invited to participate in this prestigious event at Tulsa, Okla.
Boise State men's tennis photo gallery for Idaho match on April 12, 2014.
Boise State men's tennis photo gallery for the Idaho State match on March 15, 2014.
Boise State men's tennis photo gallery for the Montana State match on Jan. 16.
Boise State men's tennis photo gallery for Northwestern match on Jan. 17, 2014.
Boise State men's tennis photo gallery for San Francisco match on April 19, 2014.
2013-14 ● FRESHMAN HIGHLIGHTS
- Completed his debut season at Boise State with an 8-3 record for singles, including a 4-3 mark in two fall tournaments to go with a 4-0 record in spring duals.
- Won his first match as a Bronco defeating Utah State's Fredrik Peterson in straight sets 7-6, 6-0 at the Dar Walters Tennis Classic (Oct. 4-6) in Boise ... after dropping his opening match at the ITA Mountain Regional in Las Vegas (Oct. 16-20) went 3-1 in the back draw reaching the consolation round of 16 where he fell in three sets.
- Saw action in four spring duals where he went undefeated on court six, including a rally from one set down to claim a three-set victory over Idaho's Filip Fichtel 4-6, 7-6 (5), 7-6 (3) to help the Broncos defeat the Vandals 5-0.
- In doubles play Hewko went 5-1, 1-1 in fall tournaments and 4-0 in spring duals.
- Played all four spring duals on court three with Brian Foley (2-0), Andy Bettles (1-0) and Aidan Reid (1-0).
PRIOR TO BOISE STATE
- Graduated from Palm Desert High School in Palm Desert, Calif., in the spring of 2013.
- Helped Palm Desert High to California Interscholastic Federation team championship in 2011 and 2012.
- Ranked as high as No. 22 in the TennisRecruiting.net RPI rankings and was listed as a five-star recruit.
- Finalist at the USTAJunior Boys 18National Open in 2012.