Boise State won four singles matches to rally for the victory
The dream of a four-peat remains alive as Abe Hewko rallies to win in three sets clinching the team victory.
The Broncos defeated Fresno State Thursday afternoon 4-0 to keep title defense alive.
The three-time defending MW champion Broncos are looking for a fourth title when the tournament begins on Thursday in Albuquerque, N.M.
The Broncos closed the regular season in dominating fashion.
Boise State versus Fresno State men's tennis during 2015 Mountain West Tournament quarterfinals in Albuquerque, N.M.
Boise State at New Mexico during the 2015 Mountain West Tournament semifinals at Albuquerque, N.M.
Boise State men's tennis defeated Nevada 4-3, April 26, to claim the 2015 MW Championship.
Boise State men's tennis photo gallery versus Arizona on March 15, 2015 in Boise.
Photo gallery for the Boise State versus Oregon men's tennis match in Boise on March 15, 2015.
2013-14 ● FRESHMAN HIGHLIGHTS
- Completed his debut season at Boise State with an 8-3 record for singles, including a 4-3 mark in two fall tournaments to go with a 4-0 record in spring duals.
- Won his first match as a Bronco defeating Utah State's Fredrik Peterson in straight sets 7-6, 6-0 at the Dar Walters Tennis Classic (Oct. 4-6) in Boise ... after dropping his opening match at the ITA Mountain Regional in Las Vegas (Oct. 16-20) went 3-1 in the back draw reaching the consolation round of 16 where he fell in three sets.
- Saw action in four spring duals where he went undefeated on court six, including a rally from one set down to claim a three-set victory over Idaho's Filip Fichtel 4-6, 7-6 (5), 7-6 (3) to help the Broncos defeat the Vandals 5-0.
- In doubles play Hewko went 5-1, 1-1 in fall tournaments and 4-0 in spring duals.
- Played all four spring duals on court three with Brian Foley (2-0), Andy Bettles (1-0) and Aidan Reid (1-0).
PRIOR TO BOISE STATE
- Graduated from Palm Desert High School in Palm Desert, Calif., in the spring of 2013.
- Helped Palm Desert High to California Interscholastic Federation team championship in 2011 and 2012.
- Ranked as high as No. 22 in the TennisRecruiting.net RPI rankings and was listed as a five-star recruit.
- Finalist at the USTAJunior Boys 18National Open in 2012.