Boise State's run at the USTA/ITA Mountain Region Championships comes to an end.
The Bronco doubles team swept a pair of matches on Friday to move into regional semifinal
Both Bronco doubles teams advanced to round of 32
Garrett Patton, Thomas Tenreiro, Toby Mitchell and Brendan McClain move into round of 32 in singles.
Broncos are in Las Vegas for the USTA/ITA Mountain Region Championships
Boise State men's tennis photo gallery for Idaho match on April 12, 2014.
Boise State men's tennis photo gallery for the Idaho State match on March 15, 2014.
Boise State men's tennis photo gallery for Middle Tennessee State match on April 5, 2014
Boise State men's tennis photo gallery for the Montana State match on Jan. 16.
Boise State men's tennis photo gallery for Northwestern match on Jan. 17, 2014.
2013-14 ● FRESHMAN HIGHLIGHTS
- Honors: ITA Mountain Region Rookie of the Year, Mountain West All-Conference in doubles, MW Player of the Week (Feb. 26), Blue Gray National Tennis Classic Most Valuable Player (Feb. 21-23) ... ranked 14th in singles in the ITA Mountain Region for spring semester and ranked second in doubles with Garrett Patton.
- Opened his Bronco career with a standout freshman campaign recording a team-best record with 26 victories to go with nine losses on the year ... two of the losses were at the hands of nationally ranked opponents in Boise State's 123rd-ranked Thomas Tenreiro (Oct. 18) and Baylor's No. 92 Tony Lupieri (Jan. 25).
- Boise State debut match was a straight-set victory over Wichita State's Ilija Cuie at the Midland Intercollegiate Invitational (Sept. 13).
- Competed in three fall tournaments going 5-4 in singles ... advanced to the round of 16 at ITA Mountain Regional (Oct. 16-20) in Las Vegas, Nev., before falling to Boise State teammate No. 123 Tenreiro in straight sets.
- During spring duals recorded a team-best 21-5 mark and was the only Bronco to reach 20 wins in the dual season ... went 6-1 against Mountain West opponents.
- Played primarily at No. 5 singles in duals where he went 15-4, also recorded a 5-1 mark on court four and was 1-0 on court two.
- Won 11 straight singles matches from Jan. 26 to March 30, including going 3-0 at the Blue Gray National Tennis Classic (Feb. 21-23) in Montgomery, Ala., where he won all three matches on court five in straight sets over Alabama's Nikko Madregallejo, Clemson's Luke Johnson and Virginia Commonwealth's Jean Baptiste Mateo ... was named the tournament's most valuable player after going undefeated in singles (3-0) and doubles (3-0) competition.
- Tallied a 26-12 doubles record on the year going 10-3 in fall tournaments and 16-9 in duals paired primarily with Garrett Patton (19-10).
- Went 3-1 with Andy Bettles in the fall; 7-2 with Patton in the fall and 12-8 in spring duals; 1-1 with Aidan Reid in duals; 1-0 with Toby Mitchell in a dual; and 2-0 with Brian Foley in duals.
- While paired up with Patton they reached the doubles semifinal at the Battle of the Bay Classic (Oct. 11-13) and the doubles title match at the ITA Mountain Regional (Oct. 16-20), falling in both.
- McClain finished year winning eight of his last nine doubles matches and 16 of his last 19 singles competitions in the spring.
PRIOR TO BOISE STATE
- A 2013 graduate of El Camino High School in Ventura, Calif.
- Ranked No. 9 prospect in the country according to TennisRecruiting.net.
- Semifinalist at the United States Tennis Association (USTA) Juniors National Championship in doubles in 2012 ... won the singles title at the USTA Juniors National Open.