The Broncos lost 4-0 to the Bulls in the opening round of NCAA Tournament at Blacksburg, Va.
Broncos travel to Blacksburg, Va., for their 18th NCAA tournament appearance.
Boise State won four singles matches to rally for the victory
The dream of a four-peat remains alive as Abe Hewko rallies to win in three sets clinching the team victory.
The Broncos defeated Fresno State Thursday afternoon 4-0 to keep title defense alive.
Boise State versus Fresno State men's tennis during 2015 Mountain West Tournament quarterfinals in Albuquerque, N.M.
Boise State at New Mexico during the 2015 Mountain West Tournament semifinals at Albuquerque, N.M.
Boise State men's tennis defeated Nevada 4-3, April 26, to claim the 2015 MW Championship.
Boise State men's tennis photo gallery versus Arizona on March 15, 2015 in Boise.
Photo gallery for the Boise State versus Oregon men's tennis match in Boise on March 15, 2015.
2013-14 ● SOPHOMORE HIGHLIGHTS
- Honors: Academic All-Mountain West.
- Completed his sophomore year with a 21-9 singles mark going 7-4 in fall tournaments and 14-5 in spring duals.
- Played in three fall competitions with top performance being a 2-1 record to advance to the singles quarterfinals of the Dar Walters Tennis Classic (Oct. 4-6) in Boise.
- In spring duals played primarily at the sixth position where he went 8-4, but did see action on courts four (1-0) and five (5-1) ... went 3-1 versus Mountain West Conference opponents.
- Recorded three straight-set conference wins at No. 6 singles over Fresno State's Ethan Lopez (March 23) 6-1, 6-2; versus Utah State's Sebastian Schneider (April 5) 7-5, 6-2; and Air Force's Ali Rizvi (April 19) 7-5, 7-5.
- In doubles he went 12-2 with a 6-2 record in fall competitions and a 6-0 mark in the spring playing all six matches at No. 3 doubles.
- In fall tournaments went 2-1 paired with Garrett Patton and 4-1 with Toby Mitchell ... lost in the doubles consolation semifinal of the ITA Mountain Regional in Las Vegas, Nev., (Oct. 16-20) with Mitchell.
- In spring duals recorded a 2-0 mark with Abe Hewko on court six and went 2-0 paired with Aidan Reid, also at No. 6 doubles.
2012-13 ● FRESHMAN HIGHLIGHTS
- Honors: Academic All-MW and Mountain West Scholar Athlete.
- Finished freshman year with an 8-4 singles record ... put together a 5-2 fall season in singles ... went 3-2 in dual matches playing on courts five and six.
- Competed in two fall tournaments making his Bronco debut at the Boise State Fall Classic where he finished 2-1 ... won two matches at the ITA Mountain Regional to reach the round of 32 before falling in three sets.
- Tallied a 3-3 mark in doubles with one (1-0) win in spring duals.
- Went 2-3 during two fall competitions while paired with senior Scott Sears.
- Played in only one dual during the spring semester, an 8-4 victory over Utah State's Andrew Whiting and Marcus Fritz while paired with Freddy Walsh.
PRIOR TO BOISE STATE
- Foley is a native of Henderson, Nev., where he played for Coronado High School while attending and graduating from Nevada Virtual Academy.
- Was ranked as high as No. 2 in the Intermountain Tennis Association youth rankings and as high as No. 37 nationally.
- Received training as part of the USTA National High Performance Program at the Darling Tennis Center in Las Vegas.