Boise State lost 5-2 to UCSB, then regrouped to down EWU
Lewis Roskilly wins at No. 5 singles to lead Boise State
Broncos welcome No. 43 Stanford, No. 66 UC Santa Barbara and Eastern Washington to town.
Garrett Patton and Thomas Tenreiro led Broncos in loss to Mustangs.
Garrett Patton and Thomas Tenreiro won on courts one and two to rally the Broncos to a big win
Boise State men's tennis defeated Arizona 4-3 March 21, 2015, at Appleton Tennis Complex.
Boise State men's tennis photo gallery for Air Force match on April 19, 2014.
Boise State men's tennis photo gallery for the Idaho State match on March 15, 2014.
Boise State men's tennis photo gallery for Middle Tennessee State match on April 5, 2014
Boise State men's tennis photo gallery for Northwestern match on Jan. 17, 2014.
2013-14 ● SOPHOMORE HIGHLIGHTS
- Honors: Mountain West All-Conference in doubles and twice named MW Player of the Week (Feb. 5 and 12) ... ranked 123rd nationally in the ITA Preseason Singles Rankings for the fall and ninth in the ITA Mountain Region for spring semester.
- Capped off a solid sophomore campaign with a 20-14 record in singles which included a 6-4 mark during fall tournaments and a 14-10 record in spring duals ... went 5-2 versus league opponents in team dual season ... went 0-3 against nationally ranked opponents.
- Reached the singles semifinals at the Battle of the Bay Classic (Oct. 11-13) in San Francisco, Calif. ... one of five Broncos to reach the round of 16 at the ITA Mountain Regional (Oct. 16-20) in Las Vegas, Nev., and one of three to advance to the quarterfinals where he fell in three sets.
- In spring duals he played mainly at the number three position where he went 14-7, but also saw time on court two where he was 0-3.
- Helped Boise State win its third-straight Mountain West Championship (April 24-27) in Fresno, Calif., going 2-0 in singles matches.
- Tallied a 22-8 doubles record on the year going 4-2 in the fall and 18-6 in the spring.
- Made it to the doubles quarterfinals in both the Battle of the Bay Classic paired with Toby Mitchell and the ITA Mountain Regional with Andy Bettles.
- Played all but one match in the spring paired with Bettles during team duals going 17-6 overall ... the tandem went 8-2 on court one and 9-4 at No. 2 doubles.
2012-13 ● FRESHMAN HIGHLIGHTS
- Joined the Broncos during the winter break for in the 2013 spring duals season.
- Finished freshman season with 24-3 singles record playing primarily at No. 5 where he was 20-0 ... finished the season on a 19-match win streak ... 23 of his 24 victories came in straight sets, two of the three losses went three sets ... went 9-0 versus MW opponents.
- Made Boise State debut with a straight-set win against Ethan Vaughn from Montana (Jan. 19) in Boise.
- Helped Broncos win second consecutive MW Championship (April 25-28) in Colorado Springs, Colo., going 3-0 in singles matches ... also defeated Clemson's Zach Rigsby 7-5, 6-2 in the NCAA National Team Championship first round match at Knoxville, Tenn. (May 10).
- Played sparingly at doubles recording a 1-1 record at the No. 3 position playing with both Aidan Reid and Toby Mitchell.
PRIOR TO BOISE STATE
- Has dual citizenship growing up in both Miami, Fla., and Caracus, Venezuela ... graduated from the Institute of Caracas.
- Was ranked just outside the top 200 of the International Tennis Federation (ITF) Rankings when he arrived at Boise State with a 22-14 record in 2012.
- Traveled to international tournaments including the Copa Guga Kuerten in Brazil, the ITF World Ranking Event in Canada and the Copa Merengue in the Dominican Republic, each of which he advanced to the singles quarterfinals or further ... also made the doubles semifinals or better in each of these events.