Men's Tennis Advances to Conference Final
April 27, 2013
USAFA, Colo. - The No. 46 Boise State men's tennis team swept aside No. 62 UNLV during a 4-0 win at the Mountain West Championships, Saturday. The Broncos will advance to defend their title against the No. 4 seed New Mexico in a rematch of last season's final, Sunday at 2 p.m.
Boise State once again took the doubles point and jumped out to the early lead. This time, the Broncos used wins at No. 1 from Bettles/Sereke and No. 3 from Mitchell/Reid. Mitchell/Reid won in both the quarterfinals as today's semifinal, clinching the doubles point each time.
Nathan Sereke made it a 2-0 lead with a 6-1, 6-3 victory against Mountain West Freshman of the Year Gilad Berman on court two. The Swede has now won 11 of his last 12 singles matches and is up to 19-12 this season.
Thomas Tenreiro continued his singles streak which now sits at 17 matches. The freshman took down Charlie Alvarado, 6-3, 6-2, giving the Broncos a 3-0 lead.
Filipp Pogostkin clinched the match at No.4 with a 6-3, 6-3 win against Bernard Schoeman.
The Broncos are now 14-1 against Mountain West opponents since joining the conference last season.
Boise State swept New Mexico earlier this season at home.
No. 46 (2) Boise State 4, No. 62 (3) UNLV 0
Mountain West Semifinals
1. Bettles/Sereke def. Schoeman/Matias, 8-5
2. Batyi/Markel def. Patton/Sears, 8-5
3. Mitchell/Reid def. Di Laura/Berman, 8-5
1. Andrew Bettles (BSU) vs. Ace Matias, DNF
2. Nathan Sereke (BSU) def. Gilad Berman, 6-14, 6-3
3. Scott Sears (BSU) vs. Tamas Batyi, DNF
4. Filipp Pogostkin (BSU) def. Bernard Schoeman, 6-3, 6-3
5. Thomas Tenreiro (BSU) def. Charlie Alvarado, 6-3, 6-2
6. Garrett Patton (BSU) vs. Johannes Markel, DNF
- Men's Sports
- Women's Sports
- About Us
- Athletic Director
- Mission Statement
- Broadway Bridge Project Map
- Staff Directory
- Bronco Sports Properties
- Media Relations
- Sports Medicine
- Blue Thunder Marching Band
- Spirit Squad
- Ticket Office
- Ticket Office Home
- Bowl Tickets
- My Account
- Buy Tickets
- Accessibility/ADA Info
- Student Ticket Info
- Student Rewards Program
- Seating Charts
- Bronco Athletic Association
- BAA Home
- Bronco Luncheon Series
- Varsity B
- Boise State Hall of Fame
Boise State Ticket Office
1910 University Drive - MS 1230
Boise, ID 83725
Hours & Contact
Monday - Thursday | 9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Friday | 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m
Phone: (208) 426-4737
Fax: (208) 426-2229
- FAN ZONE