► BOISE STATE TENURE (2010-present)
- Cariann Ramirez is in her fourth year as director of basketball operations at Boise State. Ramirez returned to her alma mater where she played for the Bronco program from the fall of 2001 through the spring of 2005.
- As director of basketball operations, Ramirez's responsibilities include various administrative duties, organizing the day-to-day operations of the basketball office, coordinating travel, equipment and film exchange, as well as organizing summer camps, clinics, community service, on-campus recruiting, alumni relations and the Little Broncos Club.
► PRIOR TO BOISE STATE
- Since graduating from Boise State in 2005, Ramirez stayed active in basketball throughout the Treasure Valley in various capacities. She worked as the assistant varsity coach at Boise High School from 2005 through June of 2009, where she worked with another former Bronco, Kim Brydges (1994-98). At Boise High she assisted with practice planning, on-court coaching, scheduling and organizing camps, team building exercises and player development.
- Ramirez left Boise High to become an assistant coach at the College of Idaho for the 2009-10 season where she helped guide the Coyotes through an impressive season. The program's accomplishments included: finishing the season at 21-8 overall, won the Cascade Collegiate Conference regular season with a 14-4 mark, won the school's first league tournament title, finished ranked 20th-nationally in NAIA Division II, and advanced to the NAIA National Tournament. While at the College of Idaho she helped coach one NAIA All-American Third Team honoree, the CCC Defensive Player of the Year, three All-CCC honorees and five Daktronics/NAIA All-America Scholar-Athletes.
- Her duties at the College of Idaho included recruiting, film exchange, on-court coaching, scouting reports, organizing team volunteer opportunities, planning post player development and assisting with the day-to-day operations of the program.
- Other coaching experience for Ramirez includes serving as the co-head coach of Hoop Dreams Traveling Club of Boise from 2008 to the 2010.
► PLAYING CAREER (2001-05)
- As a player at Boise State Ramirez was a vital member of the program playing every position at some point in her career, shooting guard through center. Ramirez played in a total of 118 games with nine starts.
- She recorded 558 points, 393 rebounds, 120 assists, 109 steals and 22 blocks. Ramirez averaged 4.7 points, 3.3 rebounds, and 1.0 assists in 18.4 minutes per game.
- She is currently ranked in the top-15 of two career categories in Bronco history: 13th for free throw percentage at 74.2 percent and eighth for games played.
- She is a native of La Quinta, Calif., where she attended La Quinta High School ... Ramirez graduated from Boise State University in December of 2005 with a bachelor's degree in marketing ... she is currently working on a master's degree in athletic administration from Idaho State University.