Broncos Host Fresno State Saturday at 2 p.m.
Boise State (10-14, 3-8 MW) continues Mountain West play this Saturday when the Broncos host the Fresno State Bulldogs (17-8, 9-3) at 2 p.m. (Mountain) in Taco Bell Arena.
Fresno State (17-8, 9-3 MW) at Boise State (10-14, 3-8 MW)
Saturday, Feb. 23, 2013, at 2 p.m. (Mountain)
Boise, Idaho (Taco Bell Arena)
Radio: KTIK AM 1350 (Play-by-Play: Chris King)
Live Audio and Video WHAT'S HAPPENING THIS WEEK
- The Game: Boise State (10-14, 3-8 MW) continues Mountain West play this Saturday when the Broncos host the Fresno State Bulldogs (17-8, 9-3) at 2 p.m. (Mountain) in Taco Bell Arena.
- The MW Standings: Boise State enters the game in seventh place (3-8) in the league standings, while Fresno State is second (9-3).
- Next Up: Boise State will be on the road for two games next week beginning Nevada on Wednesday (Feb. 27) followed by Colorado State on Saturday (March 3).
- All-Time Record: Saturday's game will be the 28th meeting all-time in the series between the two programs with Fresno State holding a 18-9 advantage.
- Last Year: These two teams did not play last year as Fresno State was still in the Western Athletic Conference, the Bulldogs have won seven straight contests.
THE LAST TIME - January 23
- Result: Boise State saw Fresno State come alive in the second half to hand the Broncos a 70-57 setback on the road. Boise State fell victim to a slow start in the second period and never recovered as the Bulldogs took control.
- Bronco Leaders: Brandi Henton led the Broncos with 14 points on six-of-16 shooting from the floor with two 3-pointers. Lauren Lenhardt followed with 12 points to go with seven rebounds.
- Bulldog Leaders: Three Bulldogs reached double-digit points led by Ki-Ki Moore with 20 to go with seven rebounds. Rosie Moult followed with 15 points on five-of-13 shooting from beyond the arc, while Taylor Thompson went 10-of-12 from the free-throw line to finish with 12 points overall.
QUICK LOOK AT BOISE STATE
QUICK LOOK AT FRESNO STATE
- The Record: The Broncos enter the game at 10-14 overall and 3-8 in MW play. They are 7-6 at home, 2-7 on the opponents' floor and 1-1 on neutral courts.
- The Broncos at Home: The Broncos are 7-6 in home (3-3 MW) games this year at Taco Bell Arena. They finished last year 10-7 overall at home, their all-time mark is now 261-138 (.655 pct.) since the facility opened in the fall of 1982.
- The Broncos on the Road: Boise State is 3-8 away (0-5 MW) from Boise this year. Its last road game was Wednesday night, a 77-72 loss at Air Force.
- Recently for Boise State: The Broncos have dropped six games in a row with the loss to Air Force.
- Leading the Broncos: Boise State is led by senior forward Lauren Lenhardt ranked fourth in the MW averaging 16 points and 7.3 rebounds (4th MW) per game on the year. She currently ranks second in the MW for scoring during league contests at 17.7 ppg and is a three-time MW Player of the Week honoree this season. Junior guard Brandi Henton adds 10.7 ppg in league games.
- As a Team: The Broncos average 62.3 points per game to rank fifth in the league, while allowing 66.2 ppg (6th MW), they rank fifth in rebound offense averaging 39.5 rpg.
- The Coach: Gordy Presnell is in his eighth season at Boise State where he is 135-108 (.556 pct.), 531-235 (.693 pct.) in 25+ seasons all-time. Presnell is 3-11 all-time against Fresno State.
- Fresno State's Record: The Bulldogs enter the game 9-3 in MW play. They are 17-8 overall, 10-2 at home, 7-6 on the opponents' home courts and 0-0 on neutral floors. In MW games Fresno State is 4-2 at home and 5-1 on the road.
- Recently for the Bulldogs: Fresno State was upset on Wednesday 60-54 at the hands of Nevada. The Bulldogs have won seven of their last nine games.
- Leading the Bulldogs: Ki-Ki Moore leads Fresno State averaging 16.7 points (3rd MW) and 6.1 rebounds (t-9th MW) per game, followed by Rosie Moult at 12 ppg.
- As a Team: On the year, Fresno State features the third-best scoring offense in the MW averaging 66.5 points per game, while allowing 60.4 ppg (5th MW). The Bulldogs are eighth in rebounding at 35.5 per game and fourth in rebound defense holding opponents to 37.1 boards per game.
- The Coach: Raegan Pebley is in her first year at Fresno State after spending the previous nine at Utah State. She is 17-8 (.680 pct.) at Fresno State and has a career mark of 127-163 (.438) in 10 seasons. Pebley is 7-9 all-time versus Boise State.
MOUNTAIN WEST PRESEASON POLL
- The Mountain West Preseason Poll is a combined coaches and media poll. Boise State was picked to place seventh, while Fresno State was projected to challenge for the MW title picked second out of nine teams in the 2013 league race.
BRONCOS Vs. MOUNTAIN WEST
- Versus MW All-time: Boise State is 59-51 (53.6 pct.) all-time versus the current membership of the Mountain West.
- All-Time in MW Games: The Broncos are 8-17 all-time in MW games after going 5-9 last year in their first season as members of the MW. However, they are now 8-15 against the current membership in MW games entering the year since the departure of TCU.
- All-Time in Home Games: The Broncos are 6-7 all-time in home MW games.
- All-Time in Road Games: The Broncos are 2-11 all-time in road MW games.
- Previous Rivalries: Boise State has been a conference rival of Nevada and Fresno State previously as members of the Western Athletic Conference 2001-2011.