Boise State Wraps Up Road Trip at Colorado State
Boise State (11-15, 4-9 MW) fresh off its win Wednesday night heads Fort Collins, Colo., to play the Colorado State Rams (9-17, 5-8 MW) at 2 p.m. (Mountain) in Moby Arena.
Boise State (11-15, 4-9 MW) at Colorado State (9-17, 5-8 MW)
Saturday, March 2, 2013, at 2 p.m. (Mountain)
Fort Collins, Colo. (Moby Arena)
Radio: KTIK AM 1350 (Play-by-Play: Chris King)
WHAT'S HAPPENING THIS WEEK
PACK THE HOUSE / SENIOR NIGHT TICKET PROMOTION
- The Game: Boise State (11-15, 4-9 MW) fresh off its win Wednesday night at Nevada now continues Mountain West play Saturday afternoon when the Broncos travel to Fort Collins, Colo., to play the Colorado State Rams (9-17, 5-8 MW) at 2 p.m. (Mountain) in Moby Arena.
- The MW Standings: Boise State enters the game in seventh place (4-9) in the league standings, one game back of Colorado State who sits in sixth place (5-8).
- Next Up: Boise State will close out the home schedule next Wednesday when it hosts the UNLV Lady Rebels for "Pack the House/Senior Night" in Taco Bell Arena.
- Next Wednesday (March 6) will be the annual Pack the House game and Senior Night as the Broncos honor their lone senior Lauren Lenhardt in her final home game for Boise State.
- Admission for the "Pack the House / Senior Night" game will be one dollar per person.
THE LAST TIME - January 30
- All-Time Record: Wednesday's encounter with the Rams will be the seventh meeting all-time in the series between these two new rivals. The series is tied at three wins each overall and tied at one each in games played at Fort Collins.
- Last Year: These two teams met three times last year with CSU winning both regular season games 60-52 in Boise and 67-58 in Fort Collins. However, the Broncos gained their revenge in Las Vegas, Nev., during the MW Tournament knocking the Rams out in the quarterfinals 68-63.
- Result: Colorado State's Hayley Thompson hit a game-winning jumper with five seconds remaining for a 57-56 victory in Boise.
- Bronco Leaders: Erica Martinez and Kayla Reinhart combined for 29 points as the duo was on fire from the 3-point line scoring career-highs on 15 and 14 points, respectively.
- Ram Leaders: Sam Martin led Colorado State with 22 points and seven rebounds, while Hayley Thompson added 11 points and seven boards.
QUICK LOOK AT BOISE STATE
- The Record: The Broncos enter the game at 11-15 overall and 4-9 in MW play. They are 7-7 at home, 3-7 on the opponents' floor and 1-1 on neutral courts.
- The Broncos at Home: The Broncos are 7-7 in home (3-4 MW) games this year at Taco Bell Arena. They finished last year 10-7 overall at home, their all-time mark is now 261-139 (.654 pct.) since the facility opened in the fall of 1982.
- The Broncos on the Road: Boise State is 4-8 away (1-5 MW) from Boise this year. Its last road game was Wednesday night, a 80-62 victory over Nevada.
- Recently for Boise State: The Broncos snapped a seven-game skid with the win at Nevada on Wednesday, preceded by a 83-65 home loss to Fresno State.
- Leading the Broncos: Boise State is led by senior forward Lauren Lenhardt ranked fourth in the MW averaging 16.3 points and 7.1 rebounds (4th MW) per game on the year. She currently ranks second in the MW for scoring during league contests at 18.1 ppg and is a three-time MW Player of the Week honoree this season. Junior guard Brandi Henton adds 11.5 ppg (14th MW) in league games.
- As a Team: The Broncos average 63.1 points per game to rank fourth in the league, while allowing 66.7 ppg (6th MW), they rank fourth in rebound offense averaging 39.5 rpg.
- The Coach: Gordy Presnell is in his eighth season at Boise State where he is 136-109 (.555pct.) , 532-236 (.693 pct.) in 25+ seasons all-time. Presnell is 1-3 all-time against Colorado State.
QUICK LOOK AT COLORADO STATE
MOUNTAIN WEST PRESEASON POLL
- Colorado State Record: The Rams enter the game at 5-13 overall and 1-4 in MW play. They are 7-6 at home, 2-10 on the opponents' home courts and 0-1 on neutral floors. In MW play they are 3-3 at home and 2-5 on the road.
- Recently for the Rams: Colorado State is coming off two consecutive road defeats at New Mexico (L 71-56) followed by Wednesday's loss at Fresno State (L 49-42).
- Leading Colorado State: Sam Martin leads the Rams in scoring on the year at 13.2 points (t-10th MW) per game to go with a team-high 6.7 rebounds (t-5th MW) per outing, Caitlin Duffy follows at 10.9 ppg.
- As a Team: On the year, CSU features the ninth ranked scoring offense in the MW averaging 55.9 points per game, while allowing 59.5 ppg (3rd MW). The Rams are last in rebounding at 34.8 per game, while allowing opponents 41.4 boards per game (8th MW).
- The Coach: Ryun Williams is in his first year at Colorado State where he is 9-17 (.346 pct.), his career mark is 267-169 (.614 pct.) in 15 seasons. Williams has not coached against Boise State previously.
- The Mountain West Preseason Poll is a combined coaches and media poll. Boise State was picked to place seventh, while CSU was projected fifth out of nine teams in the 2013 league race.