Boise State (11-17, 4-11 MW) at San Diego State (23-5, 14-1 MW)
Saturday, March 9, 2013, at 3 p.m. (Mountain)
San Diego, Calif. (Viejas Arena)
Radio: KTIK AM 1350 (Play-by-Play: Chris King)
WHAT'S HAPPENING THIS WEEK
- The Game: Boise State (11-17, 4-11 MW) close the regular season this Saturday afternoon when the Broncos travel to play at the 2013 champion San Diego State (23-5, 14-1 MW).
- The MW Standings: Boise State will finish the season in seventh place regardless of Saturday's result, while San Diego State has already clinched its second-consecutive regular season title.
- Next Up: Boise State will travel to Las Vegas, Nev., next week where it will take on the second-seed Fresno State Bulldogs in the Mountain West Tournament at 7 p.m. (Mountain) Thursday, March 14, in the Thomas & Mack Center at UNLV.
- All-Time Record: Saturday's match-up with the Aztecs will be the fifth meeting all-time in the series between these two new conference rivals. San Diego State leads the series 4-0, 3-0 in games played at San Diego.
- Last Year: These two teams met twice last year with SDSU winning both regular season games 69-59 in Boise and 58-41 in San Diego.
THE LAST TIME - February 6
- Result: Boise State trailed by eight points at the half only to see San Diego State come out of the break with a 10-1 run to put the game away for a 64-40 win.
- Bronco Leaders: - Brandi Henton scored 11 points to lead the Broncos followed by Miquelle Askew with 10.
- Aztec Leaders: The Aztecs were led by Erimma Amerikwa with 14 points followed by Chelsea Hopkins with 13 points and Courtney Clements with 12.
- Team Stats: On the night Boise State shot 29.6 percent (16-54) from the floor, 33.3 percent (4-12) from the 3-point line and 50 percent (5-10) from the free-throw line. SDSU countered at 49 percent (28-57) shooting from the court, 28.6 percent (4-14) from the arc and 66.7 percent (4-6) from the charity stripe.
- The Record: The Broncos enter the game at 11-17 overall and 4-11 in MW play. They are 7-8 at home, 3-8 on the opponents' floor and 1-1 on neutral courts.
- The Broncos at Home: The Broncos are 7-8 in home (3-5 MW) games this year at Taco Bell Arena. They finished last year 10-7 overall at home, their all-time mark is now 261-140 (.654 pct.) since the facility opened in the fall of 1982.
- The Broncos on the Road: Boise State is 4-9 away (1-6 MW) from Boise this year. Its last road game was last Saturday (March 2) a 72-60 loss at Colorado State.
- Recently for Boise State: The Broncos have dropped two straight entering Saturday's finale, a 72-60 loss at Colorado State and 70-60 home loss to UNLV this past Wednesday.
- Leading the Broncos: Boise State is led by senior forward Lauren Lenhardt ranked fourth in the MW averaging 16.1 points and 7.1 rebounds (4th MW) per game on the year. She currently ranks second in the MW for scoring during league contests at 17.5 ppg and is a three-time MW Player of the Week honoree this season. Junior guard Brandi Henton adds 12.7 ppg (12th MW) in league games.
- As a Team: The Broncos average 62.9 points per game to rank fifth in the league, while allowing 67 ppg (6th MW), they rank fourth in rebound offense averaging 40.1 rpg.
- The Coach: Gordy Presnell is in his eighth season at Boise State where he is 136-111 (.551 pct.) , 532-238 (.691 pct.) in 25+ seasons all-time. Presnell is 0-4 all-time against SDSU.
QUICK LOOK AT SAN DIEGO STATE
- SDSU's Record: The Aztecs are the Mountain West champions with a 23-5 overall record and 14-1 league mark. They are 12-2 at home this season and 6-1 in MW play.
- Recently for the Aztecs: San Diego State has won 14 straight games including a 73-55 victory at Air Force on Wednesday.
- Leading San Diego State: Courtney Clements ranks second in the conference for scoring at 17.5 points per game on the year. Chelsea Hopkins follows at 13.8 ppg (7th MW) and team-high 7.6 rebounds per game (2nd MW).
- As a Team: On the year, SDSU features the second ranked scoring offense in the MW averaging 68.1 points per game, while allowing a league-best 52.8 ppg to its opponents. The Aztecs are third in rebounding at 40.6 per game, while allowing opponents 35.7 boards per game (3rd MW).
- The Coach: Beth Burns is in her 16th year at SDSU where she is 291-184 (.613 pct.), her career mark is 372-249 (.599 pct.) in 21 seasons. Burns is 4-0 against the Broncos while at San Diego State.
MOUNTAIN WEST PRESEASON POLL
- The Mountain West Preseason Poll is a combined coaches and media poll. Boise State was picked to place seventh, while San Diego State was projected to repeat as champions in the 2013 league race.
BRONCOS Vs. MOUNTAIN WEST
- Versus MW All-time: Boise State is 60-54 (52.6 pct.) all-time versus the current membership of the Mountain West.
- All-Time in MW Games: The Broncos are 9-20 all-time in MW games after going 5-9 last year in their first season as members of the MW. However, they are now 9-18 against the current membership in MW games entering the year since the departure of TCU.
- All-Time in Home Games: The Broncos are 6-9 all-time in home MW games.
- All-Time in Road Games: The Broncos are 3-12 all-time in road MW games.