Boise State's MW postseason honorees talk about awards.
Nobley and Oliver named Freshman and Newcomer of the Year, respectively.
Broncos travel to UNLV and Utah State for final two matches.
Nobley has career-high 30 kills to lead Broncos to sixth-straight win.
Broncos claimed their four-straight sweep to clinch winning season.
Boise State volleyball received five Mountain West Conference Awards this season. Head Coach Shawn Garus and the athletes who received the awards talk about how much that meant to the Broncos.
Head coach Shawn Garus and sophomore Maddy O'Donnell recap the Broncos weekend at Colorado State and Wyoming, and look ahead to this weekend when they will host New Mexico and Air Force.
Maddy O'Donnell takes us on a Cribs style tour of the volleyball facilities at Boise State. O'Donnell shows off the locker room, team room, training room and weight room.
Boise State versus New Mexico on Oct. 30, 2014.
Boise State versus San Diego State on 2014 Senior Day, Nov. 19.
Boise State versus Utah State on Oct. 14, 2014.
Boise State versus Wyoming on Sept. 25, 2014
Boise State volleyball versus Air Force on Nov. 1, 2014.
INDOOR CAREER SUMMARY
- O'Donnell is a two-sport athlete competing in both indoor and sand volleyball for the Broncos.
- Competed in 24 matches as a true freshman in 2013 indoor season with 12 starts at middle blocker.
- Has tallied a combined 104 kills (1.82 kps), a hitting percentage of .402, two assists (0.04 aps), five service aces (0.09 saps), 20 digs (0.35 dps), 45 blocks (0.79 bps) and 133.5 points (2.33 pps).
- CAREER HIGHS: 13 kills (twice), hitting percentage of .722 percent (13-0-18) at San Diego State (Nov. 21, 2013), two assists at San Diego State (Nov. 21, 2013), one service ace (four times), four digs against San Jose State (Nov. 16, 2013), six blocks versus Wyoming (Nov. 2) and 15.5 points (twice).
2013 - FRESHMAN HIGHLIGHTS
- Played in 24 of 30 matches, starting 12 at middle blocker.
- Recorded 104 kills, two assists, five service aces, 20 digs, 45 blocks and 133.5 points ... hit a team-high 40.2 percent on the year ... averaged 1.82 kills, 0.35 digs, 0.79 blocks and 2.33 points per set.
- Tied for fourth on team in blocks.
- First action as a Bronco came in season opener as a starter against fifth-ranked Washington (Aug. 30) at the Northwest Challenge in Portland, Ore., recording four kills, one block and one dig ... season and career-high for kills was 13 accomplished twice against Fresno State (Nov. 14) and a team-high 13 at San Diego State (Nov. 21), added career-high hitting percentage of .722 and second-best five blocks against the Aztecs ... career-best six blocks against Wyoming (Nov. 2) to go with five kills ... led Broncos during week 11 in a road trip to New Mexico and Air Force with 22 total kills while hitting 48.7 percent ... recorded a team-high 12 kills at Air Force (Nov. 9) and a then-career-best hitting percentage of .524.
SAND CAREER SUMMARY
- O'Donnell was a member of the 2014 inaugural sand volleyball team for the Broncos.
- Played in eight of the 11 matches tallying a 3-5 overall mark competing at every position but No. 1 pair.
- Along with teammate Izzy Miller they teamed up to win the first pairs match in Boise State history, a two-set win 21-14, 33-31 over Saint Mary's (April 4) duo of Conroy and Popovic.
IRVINE HIGH SCHOOL
- A 2013 graduate of Irvine High School in Irvine, Calif. ... four-year starter at middle blocker for the Vaqueros' varsity team playing for coach Mark Mednick ... as a senior averaged 20 kills, six blocks, five aces and 22 digs per match ... also lettered in basketball earning first-team all-league honors twice.
- Volleyball Honors - Two-time All-Pacific Coast League First Team honoree as a junior and senior, honorable mention as a sophomore ... two-time team captain ... Team MVP junior and senior years ... Coach's Prime Time Player award during sophomore campaign and two-time player of the month.
- Other Honors - Earned scholar athlete recognition her last two years.
- Played club ball for Saddleback Valley Volleyball Club in Lake Forest, Calif., 2010-2013 coached by Kelli Mulvany and Ki Yi who also coached former Bronco Liz Harden, a senior on the 2012 Boise State team.